After I got chickens last year naturally a few flies moved in to their aviary, not long after this lovely lady moved in and she's been head of insect control since. No more flies!
Mrs Orb Weaver has her web inbetween the salt bush and side of the cage next to the door, every morning when I go in to feed and collect eggs I get a face full of her mummified menu if I'm not careful, so we're on pretty good terms.
In other news tomatoes have been ripening, pumpkin vines are travelling, I've been digging up kikuyu and will hopefully finish and have a new garden bed now the weather has cooled.
~

I hadn't thought of spiders like that. There seem to be a lot of them around this year, sometimes 5 or 6 BIG ones in the chicken coop alone. Do you think they catch mosquitoes too?
ReplyDeleteYou have a whole family living in your coop! I think mozzies might be too tricksy to get caught up in webs...?
ReplyDeleteKat, can you please explain what the kikuyu that you have been digging up is? It sounds as if it might be something preferable to spiders.
ReplyDeleteOh, Mark, kikuyu is the type of lawn we have, it's great for us 'cos we never water it except for runoff and it survives and bounces back really well, but it has very aggressive runners that invade my veggie patches. I have to dig the ground up completely when starting a new bed to remove every trace of it, even then it still manages to win the ongoing war sometimes.
ReplyDelete