Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Harvest

do not want.

You can see I wimped out and only ventured outside once the temp had gone down a bit, after three days of this I am more than ready to move to Tasmania. I am a winter girl for sure. Still managed to harvest a few things despite much wilting and dramatic collapse (me.. never mind the plants.)

11 tomatoes
7 lebanese cucumbers
4 whopper zucchini (soon to be stuffed)
27 eggs- very impressive considering the heat

~

4 comments:

  1. 27 eggs! Thems some hard working chickens! I never had any luck with zucchini, but I have decided to try them one more time... any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. don't be too nice to them? Everyone always seems to get bumper crops when they're trying to kill them off, I don't water mine much so maybe plant them up on a mound if you're still getting rain or the ground is wet. And fertilise the flowers yourself, bees don't seem to do the job well enough. That would be my main advice unless you have any specific problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 Zucchini? Can I trade your zukes with my chilies'LOL". I don't have much luck with Zucchini as the male and female is avoiding each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four chilies would be a bit too much for me! <I am a chili wimp.

    ReplyDelete