Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chickens..

Also (sometimes affectionately) known as my village idiots. Although, their determination to break into my veggie garden and destroy everything has to be admired, and the complete absence of don't/can't thought patterns in those little brains is kind of inspiring- I'm sure they could climb mountains through pure persistance of will.


And there is nothing cuter than a fluffy chicken butt.


 Formation foraging.


I scored some half price plastic netting that makes a fairly solid fence around the garden patch and is hopefully strong enough to withstand the daily ramraiding attempts, I don't know what's so attractive about my poor capsicum plants. The last two fences didn't stand the test of time.. hopefully third time lucky?

~

2 comments:

  1. I like the formation, just like the romans in battle. Fluffy bloomers are one of the more fabulous features of a chicken, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chooks are well trained - formation foraging no less :)

    ReplyDelete