That is the oddest zucchini I have ever seen. Lots of homegrown veggies are odd, I find...but they always taste so much better than the 'perfect' shop ones.
I got one of these from my green zuc plant too, I think this is the result of two female flowers growing together. Twins are twice the fun so they have to taste better.
I didn't know there was a yellow eggplant either, but yes, this does look like one :)
It is an interesting looking zucchini, and it's quite a nice size too. Mine never seem to get there, I am not sure what I do wrong. Do you do anything special to yours?
Haha, trust me the ladies love it. ;) I read somewhere that the flowers need to be visited up to a dozen times each for successful pollination, and with our strange weather patterns we haven't had many bees around this year so I don't leave it to chance. The more pollen transferred the more seeds produced, and hence the bigger the fruit.
That is the oddest zucchini I have ever seen. Lots of homegrown veggies are odd, I find...but they always taste so much better than the 'perfect' shop ones.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was yellow eggplant.
ReplyDeleteI got one of these from my green zuc plant too, I think this is the result of two female flowers growing together. Twins are twice the fun so they have to taste better.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know there are yellow eggplant?!
I didn't know there was a yellow eggplant either, but yes, this does look like one :)
ReplyDeleteIt is an interesting looking zucchini, and it's quite a nice size too. Mine never seem to get there, I am not sure what I do wrong. Do you do anything special to yours?
Compost, seaweed tonic every few weeks, and getting up at 7 am to fertilise the female flowers!
ReplyDeleteSeaweed tonic hey, that I can do, the pollination part makes me feel like I am violating the ladies!
ReplyDeleteHaha, trust me the ladies love it. ;)
ReplyDeleteI read somewhere that the flowers need to be visited up to a dozen times each for successful pollination, and with our strange weather patterns we haven't had many bees around this year so I don't leave it to chance. The more pollen transferred the more seeds produced, and hence the bigger the fruit.