In theory anyway. I'm starting off the autumn planting season very doubtful of my abilities, this is the first time I'll be growing most of my own plants from seed and not relying on commercial seedlings. I feel somewhat disappointed with the summer harvest, probably due to the fact that I set myself up to fail by expecting to produce quantities on a much larger scale than my backyard patch could provide. I'd like to be a lot more self sufficient vegetable-wise over winter and hope to have plenty of exess to freeze/give away, my newly added beds should help with that as well as more successive sowing. I'm envisioning mass plantings of brocolli and brussel sprouts running rampant and taking over the neighbourhood. Anything less will be unacceptable!
Here's my latest addiction addition waiting for more compost and mulch.
Some of the seeds I have/will be sowing soon..
I love when they pop their little green heads out for the first time.
~
I like your style, I have similar visions and I think it is important that we hold on to them!
ReplyDeleteI will be very envious if you are successful with your brussels sprouts, I have tried and failed and have been told that it is a little hot here for them. I am still going to try again, perhaps in a spot with not too much sun... who knows, they just look like a lot of fun.
Love all your seed packets, and can see the addiction coming through well and clear.
I've never even tried to grow brussel sprouts Ali so it will be an experiment. You should try again, hopefully this will be their year! I love the way they grow all lined up along the trunk like little delicious growths.
ReplyDeleteI have never order from cornucopia before. Maybe I will take a look at their stuff. I was thinking of trying The Lost Seed seed company this autumn...still contemplating. Maybe after our return from Melbourne.
ReplyDeleteLOL Addiction yes!! I'll try cornucopia, thanks for that. I usually go to diggers or the lost seed - or green harvest!
ReplyDeleteHi Kat, those raised beds are looking good. You must show us them when they are complete (with angle-brackets at the corners, no doubt!)
ReplyDeleteLet's hope the harvest turns out to be a true "cornucopia"...
Thanks Mark! I will take some photos when I'm done- and that gives me motivation to hurry up and finish too!
ReplyDeleteM-K girl & Mrs Bok- Cornucopia seeds took longer than others to post, but they came nicely packaged and the seeds are germinating well. I'm thinking of trying lost seed next, I'm sure I'll make my way through all the online companies eventually! At least it's a (usually) fruitful addiction. :p