Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In all seriousness

Have you ever seen the flowers of the string of pearls plant? If you're lucky enough, lean in real close and take a deep breath, I think they smell faintly but fragrantly of nutmeg.



Because I was tagged by the lovely Susan, some random wibble-

If you could be any historical or current character who would you be?
Hmm, I have no aspirations towards greatness, but I would have liked to be a Florence Nightingale trained nurse.

Name an interesting fact about yourself.
I have a degree majoring in environmental biology that I never have and probably never will use.

If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
I used to say the evolution of humankind ;) but I'm a little less cynical these days, so I'd say the point at which we stopped believing ourselves part of nature and started living at the expense of the planet.

Which character traits annoy you?
Commercialism, prejudice, close-mindedness, and stick in the mud grumpy-pants-ness.

Name one thing that you would change in yourself? 
Oh, lack of confidence is the one thing holding me back from happiness.

What do you consider your biggest achievement?
Getting back up every time I fall, my knees sure are dusty but they can still straighten.


 I love the way the stamens curl as they release their pollen.

~

5 comments:

  1. String of pearls plant, interesting specimen!
    Nice to get to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Florence, that all sounds rather fabulous. I'd choose self confidence too - can't have enough of it methinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, lack confidence. My supervisor always ask me to be more critical minded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be time for a *group hug* :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are so gorgeous and, yes, I too am loving those little curls in the stamens. Great photos - the flowers would be so tiny too, comparing them to the plant.

    It was nice reading your answers ... love how you describe your biggest achievement :D)

    ReplyDelete