Yesterday I was lucky enough to be taken to visit
Maggie Beer's farm shop for the day, we tasted till we could taste no more, lunched outside overlooking the pond... I had the most amazing chamomile tea blend, illicitly fed the turtles with our leftovers (they were gourmet fans), and became a verjuice convert after the cooking demonstration.
I also took some rather dodgy photos with my mobile phone whilst pretending to be the cook and the chef on set. One day I want a kitchen like this!
~
It sounded like a really pleasant day there. The chamomile tea blend would have been interesting - what was it blended with?.
ReplyDeleteI used to really enjoy The Cook and The Chef's programmes. Maggie and Simon worked well together I always thought.
Your photos turned out beaut. Mobile phone pics often surprise us don't they!
Thanks for sharing your enjoyable experience :D)
When I look at the kitchen utensil, I don't even know what some are used for because I am not a good cook;-). Glad you have a nice time:).
ReplyDeleteOh wonderful, what an experience!
ReplyDeleteI love that show, and especially the kitchen, the feature tiles are nice in the background..sounds like a great day...
ReplyDeleteOoo you lucky bugger, gee I'd love to do that. Was the food to die for?
ReplyDeleteLucky you! I love Maggie Beer!
ReplyDeleteSusan, it's a blend made with whole chamomile flowers, lemon verbena, lemon balm and lemongrass. So soothing and delish!
ReplyDeleteM-K, looking at all those utensils gave me a headache thinking about washing them ;) but trying them all out would be fun.
dixiebelle, thanks! It's a great place to visit.
Enchanted- I fell in love with the tiles up close too.
Ali- You can taste all her products free, or buy an assortment of things in little baskets for lunch, you're just eating mouthfuls here and there but we were so full of gorgeous food afterwards, we practically waddled back to the car.
Hazel, yes! I agree, I have a greater appreciation for what she does now too.